The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is currently seeking applicants for the positions of Corrections Officer and Communications. Applicants may apply through our website.
Corrections Starting Salary: $44,000
Benefits Include: Paid Vacation, Personal, Holiday and Sick Time, Shift Differential, Promotional Rank Increases, State PERF Retirement, Deferred Compensation, Heath – Dental/Vision – Life Insurance, Longevity Pay, Uniforms Provided.
Communications Starting Salary: $45,580
Benefits Include: Paid Vacation, Shift Differential, Promotional Rank Increases, Retirement, Deferred Compensation, Heath – Dental/Vision – Life Insurance, Longevity Pay, Uniform Allowance, Paid Court Appearances.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Superintendent of Public Instructions for the State of Indiana.
- Must not have a record of conviction of felony or any crime involving moral turpitude
- Must have a non-negligent automobile accident record.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a verifiable good record of previous employment.
- Must have a good credit rating.
- Must be in sound mental and physical health.
- Must be willing to appear for a Department interview by staff officers.
- Must be willing to submit to a thorough character investigation by the Department
- Must be willing to work a revolving shift schedule, if required.
- Must submit to being fingerprinted.
- Pass a Polygraph Examination.
- Adhere to our Department Tattoo Policy.
- Must maintain and provide a valid email address throughout the hiring process, as this will be the primary method of communication for updates.
Come join our organization and choose a career that serves your community.