A Sheriff Sale is the result of a court ordered bank foreclosure for the non-payment of standard monthly mortgage. The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department conducts these at 10:00am on the dates listed below. This information is constantly changing so please check back for updates. If you have any questions please contact our Sheriff Sales Coordinator Dezarae Crowe at 812-542-1790.
Procedures & Guidelines:
- All sales will be held on the 3rd floor of the City County Building (311 Hauss Sq.) on the date indicated at 10:00 a.m.
- Anyone bidding on a property MUST bring a letter of approval stating how much they can bid up to.
- Full Payment In Certified Funds is Required (Cashier’s Check or Certified Check) by 3:30 the day of the sale
- There is no access to these properties so they cannot be seen or inspected prior to the sale, these properties are sold “AS IS”
- Although real estate taxes are current on the date of the sale, it is highly recommended that any person interested in purchasing a property at a sheriff’s sale should perform a title search to ensure there are no other existing liens or encumbrances that may follow the property (that you, as a buyer, will be responsible for). You can contact a local title company for further information.
- The Sheriff, the Sheriff’s Department, and/or Floyd County does not guarantee that the addresses or judgment amounts are correct, valid or complete. The list provided is a COURTESY ONLY.
- The opening bid on these properties is not released prior to the sale
- If you wish to bid on a Sheriff sale property and you are not familiar with the Sheriff sale process, we strongly recommend that you speak with an attorney familiar with Sheriff sale proceedings. Again these properties are foreclosure, if you are looking for information on the TAX SALE you will need to contact the Floyd County Treasurer’s office at 812-948-5477
2023 Upcoming Sales: